Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: Power law or Pareto distribution

From   "Patrick Wöhrle Guimarães" <>
Subject   st: Power law or Pareto distribution
Date   Sun, 4 Mar 2007 22:18:41 -0300

 I would like to estimate a power law (or Pareto distribution) for a
large dateset with complex design (income distribution) using
pseudo-log likelihood estimators. I tried to check if there is a
do-file for estimating Power law but i didnt find. Is there anybody
that did this for a large dataset with complex design? Best regards...