Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: RE: problem with -tabstatmat-

From   "Marcella Sapun" <msapun1@jhuadig.admin.jhu.edu>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: RE: problem with -tabstatmat-
Date   Tue, 27 Feb 2007 08:57:23 -0500

Hello Nick:

I am interested in using the -tabstatmat- but I use STATA 8 and it is
not part of package. Do I need to have Version 9 in order to download
this "command"?

Also, is there any updates for stata 8, not upgrading version 8, that I
can download from the stata website? How do I do it?

Thanks,
Marcella

>>> Nick Cox <n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk> 2/26/2007 5:46 PM >>>
On 30th January, Zurab Sajaia indicated
problems with -tabstatmat- on SSC.

As the program author, I said, among other
things,

> this is one of my least favourite programs. ... So, here is an offer:

> if anyone who uses it and who is also a Stata programmer
> wants to take over its maintenance, then they can have it.

Privately, Austin Nichols offered to do this.

I fixed the problems reported by Zurab and added some
extra stuff. Then I sent my files to Austin and he
added yet other stuff. Subsequently, the package was
sent to Kit Baum. It is now back again on SSC. -ssc-
can be used to install or replace a copy.

Thus, -tabstatmat- is now declared nice and clean
until someone finds the next bug. When they do, they
should email Austin.

Thanks to Zurab, Austin and Kit for their various help
here.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk