Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: RE: trying local command

From   Michael McCulloch <mm@pinest.org>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: RE: trying local command
Date   Sun, 25 Feb 2007 15:38:27 -0800

Thanks Rodrigo; works just fine!
A minor question, if I might bother you: in the -gen- command line, what is the function of the character immediately preceding each local macro name "`"? On my computer, it's on the upper left corner of the keyboard, on the same key as tithe, "~".
Michael

*set obs 20
*gen x1 = 2
*gen x2 = 3

local truea0=1
local truea1=2
local truea2=3

gen ztreat=`truea0'+`truea1'*x1+`truea2'*x2

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Rodrigo Martell

<http://www.frontier-economics.com>
Frontier Economics Pty. Ltd.
395 Collins Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Australia
www.frontier-economics.com
switch:
direct:
fax:
mobile:
email:

+61 (0)3 9620 4488
+61 (0)3 9613 1518
+61 (0)3 8614 2711
+61 (0)407 909 811
rodrigo.martell@frontier-economics.com <mailto:rodrigo.martell@frontier-economics.com>

This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, disclosure or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorised to receive information for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message. Thank you.