Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: Re: saving enumerated file names

From   Kit Baum <>
Subject   st: Re: saving enumerated file names
Date   Sat, 24 Feb 2007 10:24:29 -0500

DOS-style filename users can avoid these problems by using forward slashes, which do not trigger Stata's syntax parser. I.e.

cd "c:/mystuff/project1/statafiles"

will work just fine, and will avoid all of the hassles encountered when using \.

Kit Baum, Boston College Economics