Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: ODBC Performance

From   "Sebastian F. Büchte" <>
Subject   st: ODBC Performance
Date   Fri, 23 Feb 2007 19:26:41 +0100

Dear all,

lately I have been thinking about using a database server/engine for
storing all the data I am working with in Stata. I thought about using
PostgreSQL in combination with the ODBC commands that are offered
Stata. However, eventhough PostgreSQL is fast and my computing
hardware is somewhat of uptodate I am experiencing a very poor
perfomance when using ODBC commands to read data into Stata or to
store data in a database from within Stata.

I am now hoping that maybe some of you have ideas on how to improove
the perfomance.