Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: Fixing an -ml model- syntax problem

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: Fixing an -ml model- syntax problem
Date   Tue, 20 Feb 2007 18:55:41 -0500

At 06:40 PM 2/20/2007, Clive Nicholas wrote:
Considering the inclusion of an interaction term, such as race in our -union- dataset, naturally follows such estimation, since we're in the business of comparing logit coefficients across groups. I have to say this is an absolute minefield. Thanks for your helpful comments with regards my other follow-up query.
Allison's paper does an excellent job of explaining why comparing logit & probit coefficients across groups leads you into a potential minefield. My paper explains why Allison's proposed solution may just be leading you into a different minefield. :) I propose some enhancements of Allison's method, but the biggest thing may be just to realize that there can be minefields whichever way you go.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu