Re: st: Problem with graph file

From   "Sebastian F. B�chte" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Problem with graph file
Date   Sat, 17 Feb 2007 10:38:33 +0100

My favorite import formats would be tiff or eps.

Using the -graph export- command for tiff-files lets you specify the
dimensions - in terms of pixel width and height - just as you would
need them. The disadvantage is that tiff is a pixel oriented format
thus rescaling a tiff-image could lead to results which I would call
"pixelig".

The eps-format is a vector format so that rescaling the image does not
decrease display/print quality. But, as far as I remember, Word lacks
the ability to present eps files on the screen. To enable word to
display  the content of an eps file on the monitor you will have to
have an eps file with an embedded preview image (usually some low
quality tiff).   From within Stata you can achieve this by specifying
the preview option with the -graph export- command. On a Mac I would
think that eps would be the natural choice it is also less proprietary
than a "windows metafile (.wmf)"

regards
Sebastian

On 2/17/07, Maarten buis <[email protected]> wrote:
--- Jean Bouyer <[email protected]> wrote:
> When I want
> to copy the graph from the graph window of Stata, Stata crashes
> abruptly. Thus I cannot copy the graph into a Word file.

you can export the graph with -graph export- (a .wmf file is probably
the most useful choice if you are using Word) and then import it into
Word.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis