Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: Convert Dataset Sas to Stata

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Convert Dataset Sas to Stata
Date   Sat, 17 Feb 2007 08:28:13 +0000 (GMT)

--- Patrick Wöhrle Guimarães <> wrote:
> I generated one dataset in SAS and I would like to work in Stata. I
> have Stat/Transfers 8.2 and I did the change. I used describe to see
> the data and for my surprise they were in format string (all).

Stat/Transfer lets you choose for each variable the type (string, long,
float, double, etc.) That option is under the tab "Variables".

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081
1081 HV Amsterdam
The Netherlands

visiting address:

+31 20 5986715

What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of your email personality. Take the quiz at the Yahoo! Mail Championship.*