Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: combining multiple years of data

From   <>
Subject   st: combining multiple years of data
Date   Fri, 16 Feb 2007 10:00:44 -0600 (CST)

Hello, I am a first time poster, so please indulge me!
I am using STATA 9 to try and examine trends across multiple
years of data from the CDC's BRFSS survey. I have had no
problem when using a single year of data using the SVY
commands. the CDC offers the following SUDAAN code to combine
years: "NEST SURVYEAR _STSTR_PSU PSULEV=3;" My problem is that
I have no idea how to translate this into STATA. As far as I
have been able to determine, NEST does not exist in STATA, and
I am unable to find an analog. I contacted the CDC asking how
to combine several years of BRFSS data in STATA  and they said
I should contact people who use STATA more frequently.

Eleanor Friedman
Research Assistant
Department of Health Studies
University of Chicago