st: RE: RE: SAS vs STATA

From   "Newson, Roger B" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: SAS vs STATA
Date   Thu, 15 Feb 2007 13:40:49 -0000

One source Cinzia might refer to is my Stata User Meeting presentation
(Newson, 2004), which can be downloaded from my website at
http://www.imperial.ac.uk/nhli/r.newson/
in which I summarized some add-on Stata packages, which can be
downloaded from SSC using the -ssc- command in Stata, and which I wrote
so that I could do all the things that I was accustomed to being able to
do in SAS. For instance, the -descsave- package corresponds tp PROC
CONTENTS, the -xcontract- package corresponds to PROC FREQ, the
-xcollapse- package corresponds to PROC MEANS and to PROC SUMMARY, and
the -parmest- package corresponds to the OUTEST= option of SAS
estimation procedures. And Stata has datasets instead of data sets, and
resultssets instead of output data sets.

References

Newson R. From datasets to resultssets in Stata. Presented at the 10th
UK Stata User Meeting, London UK, 28-29 June, 2004. Downloadable from
http://www.imperial.ac.uk/nhli/r.newson/

Roger Newson
Lecturer in Medical Statistics
National Heart and Lung Institute