Re: st: problem with -mat_capp- command

From   "Zurab Sajaia" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: problem with -mat_capp- command
Date   Wed, 14 Feb 2007 10:27:07 -0500

Nick, Richard,

Thanks for the clarifications, I use 9.2 myself, and it seems I was confused how the older versions are (or not ) supported.

As for my initial problem with -mat_capp-, as Ken promised, it will work for the current version of Stata and I'll think of some ways around it for the earlier ones.

Thanks,
zurab

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Williams" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 7:26 AM
Subject: RE: st: problem with -mat_capp- command

At 06:52 AM 2/14/2007, Nick Cox wrote:
Absolutely not so. Updates affect only the current version
of Stata, Stata 9. Nothing that Ken does will have any
effect whatsoever on earlier versions of Stata
(<= 8.2). These remain frozen as is for ever more,
or at least the end of civilisation as we know it, Jim.
I was a little puzzled by Zurab's statement too. But, if what he means is that he wants the program to run under Stata 8.2, then he might as well program his workarounds because (barring some dramatic change of heart on StataCorp's part) there aren't going to be any more bug fixes for 8.2. I reported some small bugs in 8.2 and they were all fixed when 9 came out a few weeks later, but the problems were apparently frozen for all eternity in the old version. So, I just programmed around them.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]