Statalist The Stata Listserver

RE: st: problem with -mat_capp- command

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   RE: st: problem with -mat_capp- command
Date   Wed, 14 Feb 2007 11:52:53 -0000

Absolutely not so. Updates affect only the current version
of Stata, Stata 9. Nothing that Ken does will have any
effect whatsoever on earlier versions of Stata
(<= 8.2). These remain frozen as is for ever more,
or at least the end of civilisation as we know it, Jim.

That is, even you have a out-of-date Stata (for
example 8.0) and -update-, nothing will ever cause
a newer -mat_capp- written for 9.2 to overwrite your
existing code. If it were so, then Stata users would
have a wonderful back door for upgrading free;
however, there is no back door and it is not open
anyway.

Also, any users on Stata <= 8.2 : your out-of-date Stata is
known to be buggy, but StataCorp will do nothing to fix those bugs in
your Stata. You have got to upgrade.

(I get no sales commissions.)

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk