Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: ranksum

From   P chrisman <>
Subject   st: ranksum
Date   Mon, 12 Feb 2007 16:45:09 -0800

Hi List,

I am having difficulty using ranksum. The code I used is ranksum livbirth, by(randgrp). I also tried

destring numpreg livbirth, generate(numpreg2 livbirth2)
numpreg already numeric; no generate
livbirth already numeric; no generate

. destring randgrp, generate(randgrp2)
randgrp contains non-numeric characters; no generate

Perhaps the solution to my problem is apparent, but I am not skilled enough with Stata to see it. Any help is appreciated.
Thank you,

* For searches and help try: