From   "Jason Yackee" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: BTSCS ad-on for xtprobit?
Date   Thu, 1 Feb 2007 10:41:58 -0800

Thank you all.  My friend has lost his copy the program he was talking about in one of his computer moves.  I will email the original authors.

Jason Webb Yackee
Gould School of Law
University of Southern California
Los Angeles, California 90089-0071
Tel: 213-740-2865
Fax: 213-740-5502
Cell: 919-358-3040

-----Original Message-----
From: [] On Behalf Of Richard Williams
Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2007 10:26 AM
Subject: Re: st: BTSCS ad-on for xtprobit?

At 12:34 PM 2/1/2007, Jason Yackee wrote:
>Dear all,
>a statistician friend of mine was describing certain well-known problems
>with the -xtprobit- and -xtlogit- routines when panels are long.
>Stata's -xt- manual discusses this as well, having to do with the
>quadrature method used to implement the random-effects estimator.  My
>friend provided a "fix" using lowess techniques, and also mentioned a
>different user-written ad-on with the file name "btscs" that he said was
>difficult to find.   Indeed, -findit- finds no trace.  Does anyone have
>access to the btscs program?

This question has come up before:

I suggest you email the person who claims he got a copy of it.

As a sidelight, I wish people would either put their stuff on SSC, or
else register their sites so -findit- could locate their routines.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX:    (574)288-4373
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu