Re: st: adding rows?

From   Axel Walther <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: adding rows?
Date   Tue, 23 Jan 2007 09:40:49 +0000

Title: Re: st: adding rows?
I don’t know about how to do this in Stata, but you could use Excel to replace the nominal variables with a number code, and then paste the data into Stata. This way you should not loose the string data when you use the xpose function. Alternatively, you could do the whole thing in Excel (but depending on the size of your dataset, it may not be able to do the copy, paste special “values”).

Axel