st: Re: xtivreg2

From   "Zou Hong" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Re: xtivreg2
Date   Tue, 23 Jan 2007 18:08:02 +0800

Dear Kit,

Many thanks for your kind suggestion.
I have installed xtivreg2 and run the test as follows.

ttset code year
xtivreg2 y1 x1 x2 x3 (y2 = x4 x5), fe robust endog(y2)

I am suspicious that y2 is endogenous to y1 and want to test this using a fixed-effect estimation with robust standard errors. Is the above setup correct?

Can I claim that the above conducted the DWH test using a fixed-effect estimation with roubt standard errors?

Having run the models, I found:

Warning - singleton groups detected. 214 observation(s) not used.

FIXED EFFECTS ESTIMATION
------------------------
Number of groups = 492 Obs per group: min = 2
avg = 3.7
max = 7

(regression output here)
Test statistic(s) not robust
Cragg-Donald F statistic (weak identification test): 1.907
Stock-Yogo weak ID test critical values: 5% maximal IV relative bias 13.91
10% maximal IV relative bias 9.08
20% maximal IV relative bias 6.46
30% maximal IV relative bias 5.39
10% maximal IV size 22.30
15% maximal IV size 12.83
20% maximal IV size 9.54
25% maximal IV size 7.80
Test statistic(s) not robust
Source: Stock-Yogo (2005). Reproduced by permission.
---------------------------------------------------------Hansen J statistic (overidentification test of all instruments): 3.738
Chi-sq(2) P-val = 0.1543
-endog- option:

Endogeneity test of endogenous regressors: 0.308
Chi-sq(1) P-val = 0.5786
Regressors tested: y2

what is the meaning of "singleton groups" and how to deal with it?

Thanks a lot
Joe

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kit Baum" <[email protected]>