Re: st: survival analysis - interaction

From   "Svend Juul" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: survival analysis - interaction
Date   Mon, 1 Jan 2007 15:50:32 +0100

Lucy wrote:

How does one interpret the following command:
   xi: stcox i.mastitis*i.age, robust
this is enquiring the proportional hazard of interaction between age
and mastitis, correct?

So would it be "whether the effect of mastitis increases or decreases
with age.."?

Supposingly, there should be no difference in the order of the
covariates, ie.,
   xi: stcox i.mastitis*i.age, robust  versus,
   xi: stcox i.age*i.mastitis, robust

However, the output is distinctly different. Anyone got comments?

"whether the effect of mastitis increases or decreases
with age.." sounds right to me.

I tried a similar ting, but I did not find that the
coefficients from i.a*i.b are different from i.b*i.a,
except for the sequence.

Svend

Svend Juul
Vennelyst Boulevard 6