Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: 9999, matching data, fixed effect probit etc...

From   "Le Wang" <>
Subject   Re: st: 9999, matching data, fixed effect probit etc...
Date   Sat, 25 Nov 2006 01:26:35 -0600

My thoughts on the questions.

(1a) IPUMS-USA creates some routines that construct the family
interrelationship variables. You can check it out.

(1b) I think your expectation that husband and wife will give the same
answer is wrong. They are not necessarily the first partner for each

(3) I guess that you have three variables: var2, sex, year of birth.
If so, I think you should calculate mean of each category by female
and year of birth, which will be more meaningful.

(4) Follow Nick's suggestion.

Hope it helps.