Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: estimating sample size in observational data

From   Michael McCulloch <>
To   Statalist <>
Subject   st: estimating sample size in observational data
Date   Wed, 22 Nov 2006 17:52:31 -0800

I have observation data in which patients have self-selected treatment
groups. I'll analyze these data using -stcox-.

I'd like to estimate a power-sample size curve at different group sizes.
I'd I have considered the program -artsurv-, but it looks like it's
designed specifically for random allocation. Is there another way to do
this in Stata?

Best wishes,

Michael McCulloch
Pine Street Clinic
Pine Street Foundation
124 Pine Street, San Anselmo, CA 94960-2674
tel     415.407.1357
fax     415.485.1065