Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: Displaying the outputs of a tobit and other model(s)

From   "louis boakye-yiadom" <>
Subject   Re: st: Displaying the outputs of a tobit and other model(s)
Date   Fri, 17 Nov 2006 09:44:09 +0000

Your suggestion works. Many thanks!

. estout ..., eq(1) eqlabels(,none)

and the #1 will vanish.

Alternatively, type something like

 . estout ..., eq(main=1)

and "main" will be printed in place of #1.

On 11/16/06, louis boakye-yiadom <> wrote:
It works! Many thanks. The list of regressors was, however, preceded by the
expression "#1", but this is a trivial issue since the expression can
easiliy be deleted without altering the layout.

>From: "Ben Jann" <>

>This is because in -est table-, -esta-, or -estout- the equations of
>the tabulated models are matched by equation names. tobit has two
>equations named "model" and "sigma". OLS and probit, however, have
>only one equation (without name). The solution is simple: add
>-equations(1)- to your command (works with all commands you cited).
>This causes the first equations of the models to be matched -- and
>the models will be aligned.
>On 11/15/06, louis boakye-yiadom <> wrote:
>>I've been trying unsuccessfully to display the outputs of three models
>>(probit, OLS, and tobit) in such a way that they would be displayed beside
>>each other. I've used various commands (-estout1-, -esta-, and -est
>>but in each case, I get two models displayed beside each other, but the
>>third beneath the two. Strangely, I don't have this problem if the models
>>not include a tobit. I've even tried displaying the outputs of only two
>>models, but I get the same problem so long as one of the models is a
>>Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

* For searches and help try: