Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: left censoring in discrete-time duration model

From   "Austin Nichols" <>
To, "Daniel Simon" <>
Subject   Re: st: left censoring in discrete-time duration model
Date   Thu, 16 Nov 2006 12:00:09 -0500

Daniel Simon--
It seems to me that your estimates can only apply to introductions
("failures") after 1996, since you cannot distinguish pre-1996 and
1996 introductions, and you should drop firms (in all years) that had
websites in 1996, while keeping data on all other firms from 1996,
though I would be interested to hear from someone who actually runs
these sorts of models, e.g. Stephen Jenkins.