Re: st: left censoring in discrete-time duration model

From   Daniel Simon <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: left censoring in discrete-time duration model
Date   Thu, 16 Nov 2006 13:14:32 -0500

Austin - thanks for the response. In fact, I have done what you propose. My point (3) where I said "I drop all observations from 1996 for firms that
had websites" is actually what you are proposing, because once a firm has established a website (transitioned), they are excluded from the analysis sample thereafter. I did not think about that when I wrote the sentence. My apologies for not being clear. Thanks again for your response, which reminded me of what I was actually doing.

Moreover, as Austin says, I would also like to hear whether others also this is a sensible approach. thanks.

Daniel