From   "Rodrigo A. Alfaro" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Re: tetrachoric correlation
Date   Wed, 15 Nov 2006 09:14:02 -0500

Did you try?

tetrachoric varlist
matrix list r(Rho)

(where varlist is the list of variable that you want)

and you got

matrix r(Rho) not found

If that, you have to get an error somewhere...
update your Stata and type -return list- AFTER
-tetrachoric- command. You should see a list of
available matrices.

----- Original Message -----
From: "prneiva" <>
To: <>
Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 6:00 AM
Subject: st: tetrachoric correlation

Thanks Austin, Maarten and Daniel. However, I am still having difficulties.

When I write  matrix list r(Rho), the answer is matrix r(Rho) not found.

When I use the following procedure:
matrix C = r(Rho)
local n = r(N)
factormat C, n(`n')

the answer is: matrix C has missing values.

I donīt know what is happening, since the codebook shows that there is no
missing values.

Thank you