st: RE: locpoly and look of graph

From   "Scott Merryman" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: locpoly and look of graph
Date   Mon, 13 Nov 2006 15:01:45 -0600

One way would be use the - generate([newvarx] newvary)- option save the
results and then graph them yourself.

Or, copy -locpoly- to your personal directory (such as, c:\ado\personal\) as
-locpoly2-, add the line

			`options'			///

after line 162, so that lines 155 to 163 read:

		(line `yhat' `xgrid',			///
			sort				///
			pstyle(p1)			///
			`titles'			///
			ytitle(`"`yttl'"')	///
			xtitle(`"`xttl'"') 	///
			`rlopts'			///
			`twopts'			///
			`options'			///

And save the file.

Now this will work:

sysuse auto,clear
locpoly2 mpg gear,  ylabel(10(5)45) xlabel(2(.25)4)    ///
ytitle("Probability of changing to another well") ///
xtitle("Arsenic in baseline well, micrograms per liter") ///
title("Non-parametric estimate of the response to arsenic" "concentrations
in well water" )  ///
subtitle("")

Scott