Re: st: Re: Video on Stat Rap

From   "Clive Nicholas" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: Video on Stat Rap
Date   Mon, 13 Nov 2006 00:03:35 -0000 (GMT)

Joe Hilbe wrote:

> I don't know if any of you have seen this short video, called "Stat Rap",
> but I think it is great. Perhaps your students will like it. It's a group
> of
> college students rapping about how they like statistics, ANOVA's, Chi2
> tests,
> t-tests, etc. It appears that they are taking an introduction to
> statistics
> course.
>
> _http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=489221653835413043&hl=en_
> (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=489221653835413043&hl=en)

Thanks for this, Joe. I've just watched this clip in all of its 4:33
glory. I'm speechless, quite frankly. I'm not sure if it's innovative
because it sets simple statistical concepts to music in a way not done
before, or excreable because it uses quite possibly the worst form of
music to do it in. Maybe a bit of both.

CLIVE NICHOLAS        |t:
Politics              |e: [email protected]
Newcastle University  |http://www.ncl.ac.uk/geps

Whereever you go and whatever you do, just remember this. No matter how
many like you, admire you, love you or adore you, the number of people
turning up to your funeral will be largely determined by local weather
conditions.