Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: sq-module: sqom

From   Ulrich Kohler <>
Subject   Re: st: sq-module: sqom
Date   Wed, 8 Nov 2006 18:28:14 +0100

Ekaterina Selezneva wrote:
> I'm wondering whether I understand properly the mechanism underlying
> --sqom-- command of the Sequence Analysis module.
> For example, I use the following piece of code:
> . sqset stat id year;
> . sqom, subcost(subalb) name(om1) refseq(1100071027);
> If I understand correctly, the procedure has nothing to do with other
> variables existing in my dataset (for example, sex and age of
> individuals, whose labour market careers I'm following).
> At the same moment, I receive an error message "age not constant
> within id" when persofming the --sqom-- command. Does it mean that the
> procedure uses, in fact, all the other variables in dataset, or it's
> me who is wrong? ;)

This question refer to the -sq- package for sequence analysis available with
-ssc install sq-.

What you report seems odd. The error message you mentioned is neither coded
into -sqom-, nor into -sqset-. Error messages like those you mention here are
typical for the -sqstat- commands (sqstattab1, sqstattab2, sqstattabsum,

For now, the only explanation I have has to do with the delimiter. It seems
that you use ";" as delimiter. Can you check out if there is a -sqstat*-
command upstream, which missing it's delimiter?

+49 (030) 25491-361