st: sq-module: sqom

From   "Ekaterina Selezneva" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: sq-module: sqom
Date   Wed, 8 Nov 2006 15:28:15 +0100

Good day everybody,

I'm wondering whether I understand properly the mechanism underlying
--sqom-- command of the Sequence Analysis module.

For example, I use the following piece of code:

. sqset stat id year;
. sqom, subcost(subalb) name(om1) refseq(1100071027);

If I understand correctly, the procedure has nothing to do with other
variables existing in my dataset (for example, sex and age of
individuals, whose labour market careers I'm following).

At the same moment, I receive an error message "age not constant
within id" when persofming the --sqom-- command. Does it mean that the
procedure uses, in fact, all the other variables in dataset, or it's
me who is wrong? ;)

Thank  you for your time,

Kate