Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: stgtcalc and stset in version 5

From   Valérie Jooste <vjooste@u-bourgogne.fr>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: stgtcalc and stset in version 5
Date   Fri, 3 Nov 2006 16:05:01 +0100

Dear all,
I have a problem using stgtcalc:
In order to test Proportional Hazards assumption in a Cox model, I would
like to follow Patrick Royston and Peter Sasieni's suggestion
(http://www.stata.com/meeting/4uk/nonprop.html) and fit fractional
polynomials to the local estimates of the regression coefficients of the Cox
model by using fracpoly after stgtcalc.
I am using Stata9 and when I try to use stgtcalc as follows:
***
stset time trtt
stcox sex  agecateg2 agecateg3
stgtcalc
***

I get the following error message after typing stgtcalc:
***
Data are st/Stata 6 and not st/Stata 5.
You are running the old Stata 5 version of st.
We provide it so that researchers may reproduce old analyses.
If you do not mean to be running the old system, type

       . version 6

if you do mean to be running the old system, type

       . version 5
       stset ...                       fill in the dots with old syntax)

When you are done, type

       . version 6
r(119);
***

I have tried
***
version 5:stset time trtt
version 5:stcox sex  agecateg2 agecateg3
version 5:stgtcalc
***

But I get exactly the same error message.
I don't know how to stset in stata5 but in his example, P. Royston and P
Sasieni use the same stset I have used. Is it the data I must change?
Otherwise, is there an adaptation of stgtcalc to stata9?
Thank you so much for your help
Valérie

	Valérie Jooste
	Registre des tumeurs digestives
	INSERM EMI 0106
	Recherche épidémiologique et clinique en cancérologie digestive
	Faculté de Médecine
	BP 87900
	21079 Dijon cedex
	FRANCE