Statalist The Stata Listserver

RE: st: RE: Do-file editor

From   "louis boakye-yiadom" <>
Subject   RE: st: RE: Do-file editor
Date   Fri, 03 Nov 2006 14:04:49 +0000

Thanks, Maarten. I was actually using the "less than or equal to" symbol as part of a variable label, and not as part of a command.

--- louis boakye-yiadom wrote:
> 2) Are there characters the do-file editor doesn't accept? I wrote a do-file
> containing the "less than or equal to" symbol in MS-Word. Now whenever I
> copy and paste the document into the do-file editor, the "less than or equal
> to" symbol changes to "?". Is there a way to fix this?

The do-file editor won't recognize the less than or equal sign because Stata
won't recognize that symbol. The way to say "less than or equal to" is <=.
For more info see: -help operator-.

Maarten L. Buis

* For searches and help try: