From   "Maarten Buis" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: RE: Do-file editor
Date   Fri, 3 Nov 2006 15:19:48 +0100

---Louis boakye-yiadom wrote:
> I was actually using the "less than or equal to" symbol as
> part of a variable label, and not as part of a command.

A label is a string, which is nothing else than a sequence of symbols. In order
for Stata to store and later display a label, it has to know the symbols. The set
of symbols Stata knows is pretty limited. This point has comes up repeatedly
as a request for adding the ability to display some math in graphs, which I am
happy to repeat and support here again.

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081