RE: st: RE: mat size

From   "Maarten Buis" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: mat size
Date   Fri, 3 Nov 2006 09:19:02 +0100

Ines:
Your original question was how to estimate:
-xi: reg perform i.codempr- if codeempr has 1203 values.
If you want to enter other variables to explain perform
than -xtreg- with the fe option is very much the
preferred method of doing it. In that case you would
type -xtreg perform othervariables, fe i(codempr)- But
if you don't want to add any other explanatory
ariables, then all you want to do is to estimate a mean
of perform for every value of codeempr. That is easier
achieved with -collapse mean perform, by(codeempr)-.
Neither of these solutions would require you to have a
matsize of over 800.
HTH,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis