Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: RE: (Non)Equality of groups

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: (Non)Equality of groups
Date   Tue, 31 Oct 2006 14:57:03 -0000

You state the null, but not any alternative.

This thread focused on -anova-, which
is reasonable for that null, but not
so natural for any ordered alternative.

In addition to -nptrend-, there is the Jonckheere-Terpstra
test as implemented by Joseph Coveney as -jonter- from
SSC. (I have a Mata-based version not yet public.)

However, there is a much larger question. Why the
grouping? What's wrong with regression or other modelling
of weight as a function of height?