Re: st: The origin of the word Stata?

From   "Jeremy Miles" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: The origin of the word Stata?
Date   Thu, 26 Oct 2006 09:41:14 -0700

On 26/10/06, William Gould, Stata <[email protected]> wrote:

The question of pronunciation arose early and in a surprising way.  It had
always seemed obvious to me that Stata was pronounced, well, Stata,
But does that rhyme with baiter, barter, or batter?  Or can we
pronounce Stata differently, depending on where we are from (or where
we live)?

(If that was deliberately ambiguous, then ignore this question.)

Jeremy  "rhyme with baiter" Miles

--
Jeremy Miles
www.jeremymiles.co.uk