Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: Data management

From   <>
Subject   Re: st: Data management
Date   Tue, 24 Oct 2006 20:41:57 -0500

Dear Rafal, Caleb, and Kyle,

"collapse" worked great for me.

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 18:20:43 -0500
 <> wrote:

I have a (panel) dataset for around 100 countries for a period of 15 years (on average) and I have the average values of some variables that are same for all the years. I am trying to reduce the data to a single year for each country and the "drop in" command for each country seems to be too repetitive and labor-intensive. Can someone suggest another way in which I can get the data for a single year for every country?

* For searches and help try:
Suryadipta Roy, Ph.D.
Department of Economics,
Lawrence University,