Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: Data management

From   Kyle Hood <>
Subject   Re: st: Data management
Date   Tue, 24 Oct 2006 19:36:10 -0400 (EDT)

If all the variables that are constant across years, just use the duplicates drop command. If some of the variables are identified by country and year, use the collapse command

collapse (mean) x1 x2 x3 ... , by( countryid )

with a dataset this size, there should be no problems at all.