st: RE: outsheet or outfile display

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: outsheet or outfile display
Date   Tue, 24 Oct 2006 18:09:24 +0100

This would be most un-Stataish and it would be in my view
be bad style for StataCorp to allow this with -outsheet-
or -outfile-, regardless of whether this is a format that
is acceptable or congenial downstream. But you could program
it yourself fairly easily. The best way that occurs to
me is to use -outsheet- or -outfile- to produce a file,
and then just read in that file once more and spit it
out again with extra intercalated lines.

... if !mod(count, s)

picks up every s th line. That is, the task doesn't
or shouldn't require a hit on -outsheet- or -outfile-
code but could just be treated as a twist on copying a file.

However, if you want tabs or commas in corresponding places,
that would need to be part of the twist.

Michael McCulloch