Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: JMP: Figure 7 In JMP(93)

From (William Gould, Stata)
Subject   Re: st: JMP: Figure 7 In JMP(93)
Date   Tue, 24 Oct 2006 10:37:34 -0500

There has recently be a thread discussing -jmp-, a module for Stata written by
Ben Jann to perform Juhn-Murphy-Pierce decomposition.

Nick Cox <> jumped to the mistaken conclusion that the
dicussion was about JMP, statistical software by SAS.  I did too, and I
bet I'm not the only one.

The possibility for confusion is so great that I think Ben should rename
-jmp-.  I know we at StataCorp would be irritated if there was a SAS program
-- even if user written -- called STATA.  SAS deserves the same consideration.

I suggest Ben rename -jmp- to be -jmpierce- and then, if he is wedded to the
-jmp- name, let -jmp- be an abbreviation for -jmpierce-.  Or Ben could
find another name that appeals to him.

-- Bill