Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: storing values from within "by varname :" command

From   "David Elliott" <dcelliott@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: storing values from within "by varname :" command
Date   Sun, 22 Oct 2006 13:09:52 -0300

Thank you, Michael, I had not had occasion to use statsby but that
would certainly be the most efficient way to handle this. For commands
that are not byable, I suspect my method would be necessary.  Now for
the real stumper, is there an equivalent to capture output from an
over(varlist) command?  In my experience, that would be useful.

DCE