Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: Marginal Effects

Subject   st: Marginal Effects
Date   Thu, 19 Oct 2006 14:25:02 -0400

I am using Julian Fennema's dhurdle program for Stata and am running into
a problem.  I am doing a Cragg model for saving habits of consumers.  The
first hurdle is whether or not a consumer has savings and for those that
do, i.e. =1, how much savings they have.  The model runs fine and
converges after only a few iterations.  However, I need to compute the
marginal effects for the results and this is where I run into problems.  I
tried using -mfx- but I get an error message saying that

"unrecognized command:  dhurd_p"

Anyone familiar with this problem at all?  Im guessing it has something to
do with the predictive nature of the model, hence the "_p", but Im not
sure.  Can someone give me any advice in finding the marginal effects?

Michael Wilson
Consumer Education and Research
Consumer and Community Affairs
Federal Reserve Board of Governors