Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: Stata vs SPSS

Subject   Re: st: Stata vs SPSS
Date   Mon, 16 Oct 2006 11:43:14 -0400 (EDT)

Can SPSS be used entirely from a command-line interface?  If so, it would
be interesting to see your students' reactions if you allowed SPSS, but
only via command-line--no mouse-clicking.  In other words, required them
to submit the SPSS equivalent of do-files.  This would be a way of
separating their love of SPSS (of which I am skeptical) from their love of
pretty mouse-driven GUIs (which I am hypothesizing is more the issue.)