st: RE: nruns available on SSC

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: nruns available on SSC
Date   Wed, 11 Oct 2006 20:27:30 +0100

Certain fairly serious statistics journals flesh out their
contents lists with articles on the analysis of
various ball games. Naturally the Stata Journal
eschews this pandering to base(ball) instincts.

I can safely say that my present and future contribution
to sports statistics is likely to be not much greater than
my past and present prowess in sports, which
for the curious has its analogue in those events
that do occur but have probability zero, and
as such perplex many a student mind. (At [high] school
I played for my "house" in rugby, cricket and
athletics, but as far as I recall they always lost.)

Christopher Baum