st: Stata inquiry

From   Cigdem Akin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Stata inquiry
Date   Wed, 27 Sep 2006 17:37:40 -0400

Hi,

I have a panel of GDP values for 66 countries. I have the following questions.

1- The data is stacked on top of each other in the following manner. id:1-66 yr:1960-2005

yr             id    y
1960          1    .
until 2005   1    .
1960          2   .
until 2005   2    .

I need to construct bilateral pairs of lny-lny*. This makes about 2165 pairs for 66 countries.

How can I program this in STATA environment?

2- Using these bilateral difference series, I need to conduct lag  length selection using varsoc command 2165 times for each series. The appropriate lag length needs to be fed in into the dfuller test.

Can you help me with the programming of these commands? I will be happy to provide more information about the dataset and other details about the type of output I need?

Thanks.

Cigdem Akin
George Washington University
Department of Economics