Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: loneway and intraclass correlation

From   "Jacki Buros" <>
Subject   Re: st: loneway and intraclass correlation
Date   Tue, 26 Sep 2006 11:41:33 -0400

I could be wrong, but I think loneway requires that the first variable
be the response and the second designate your group. So to compute ICC
of X and Y you would first want to reshape your data to be long, ie

instead of

  id    numX    numY
  1     25         32
  2     12         17

you would type 'reshape num, i(id) string' to get

  id   num    _j
  1    25      X
  1    32      Y
  2    12      X
  2    17      Y

Then 'loneway num numtype' should give you the ICC you are looking for.