st: loneway and intraclass correlation

From   Joe Trubisz <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: loneway and intraclass correlation
Date   Tue, 26 Sep 2006 10:53:59 -0400

In Martin Bland's book on medical statistics, he says:

Sometimes we have pairs of observations where there is no obvious choice between X and Y. The choice of X and Y is arbitrary.

He then goes on to discuss intraclass correlation.

I have a set of data which meets this criteria and if I run 'loneway x y' and 'loneway y x', I get 2-different ICC values, which I can expect.

However...what I don't know is what to do with the different values. Is one better than the other? How do I select which ICC value is actually the one I should be using?

Thanks,
Joe
*
* For searches and help try: