st: xtfrontier and conditional inefficiency effects

From   "Senanu Asamoah" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: xtfrontier and conditional inefficiency effects
Date   Wed, 20 Sep 2006 16:16:06 -0400

I am trying to estimate technical efficiency, for stochastic frontier
analysis, conditional on a set of z variables, for panel data.

For cross-section, I understand the command:
frontier y x1 x2, distr(tnormal) cm (z1 z2)
will do the trick.

However, for the command xtfrontier I am able to get the technical
efficiency estimates, but not sure how to condition those on a set of z
variables as is available with the frontier command.  Is there a code to
compute this in stata?

xtfrontier y x1 x2, tvd [want to condition te on a set of z variables].
 Please help.

Sen.

Senanu Y. Asamoah, Ph.D.
Economist, Research Staff