st: SELMLOG command syntax help

From   Hassan Ghomrawi <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: SELMLOG command syntax help
Date   Mon, 18 Sep 2006 15:04:57 -0500

Hi,
I am trying to fit a multinomial logit selection model for my dissertation work. I found the SELMLOG command developed by Bourguignon et al. If someone has fitted such a model before please I would really appreciate your help.

The reference to the syntax is in the following link:
http://www.delta.ens.fr/gurgand/selmlog.pdf

The SELMLOG command is:
selmlog depvar varlist *[if exp] [in range]*,select(depvar_m=varlist_m)
[lee dmf dmf2 dhl(# [all]) showmlogit wls
bootstrap(number_of_replications [sample_size]) mloptions(mlogit
options)].

1-Can anyone help me fill in the blanks for the following:
[if exp]
[in range]
because they were not specified in the originial syntax description.

2-how is the choice variable represented in the model:
1 variable with 3 choices (depvar_m) or 3 dummy variables

Thanks
Hassan
*
* For searches and help try: