Statalist The Stata Listserver

RE: st: Mata what comes after -st_addvar-?

From   "Brian P. Poi" <>
Subject   RE: st: Mata what comes after -st_addvar-?
Date   Wed, 6 Sep 2006 09:28:03 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 10:49:56 +0300, Simo asked:

In addition Raphael question, I would like ask whether Stata Crop. plans a
netcourse on the econometrics of cross-Section and panel data using Stata as Stata Corp recently introduced a netcourcse on the econometrics of time
series using Stata.
At some point in the future we may develop a netcourse on cross-sectional and panel data analysis similar to the time-series netcourse, but such a course is not going to appear anytime soon.

However, Stata Press does publish several books that explain how to use Stata to do statistical analysis. Some books are geared toward a discipline such as econometrics or health and biostatistics, while others are geard toward a particular statistical method, such as multilevel modeling, maximum likelihood estimation, or limited dependent variable analysis. You can see currently available titles here:

Other books are forthcoming; see

The Stata Journal is another great learning tool.

-- Brian Poi
* For searches and help try: