st: RE: missing wstata.bin

From   "Rodrigo Martell" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: missing wstata.bin
Date   Fri, 1 Sep 2006 12:13:46 +1000

John,

I had that problem last week. Here's what Stata recommended:
-------------------------------------
Dear Rodrigo,

I recommend that you manually download and install the new executable from our
website:

	http://www.stata.com/support/updates/stata9.html

When updating the Stata executable manually, make sure you are renaming the
extension correctly on the downloaded executable in the Stata install
directory.

Windows ME, 2000, XP

1) Open My Computer or Windows Explorer.
2) Go to the Tools menu and choose Folder Options....
3) In the window that appears, choose the View tab.
4) Find the check box that states "Hide file extensions for known file types".
5) Make sure that this box is unchecked.

This will allow you to rename the extension form bin to exe. When this update
is performed correctly the new executable will automatically display the Stata
icon.

If this machine continues to have problems connecting to the Internet from
within Stata and the computer is behind a firewall you might check the settings
in Stata's "Internet Prefs" menu.  In your Stata menu bar, click "Prefs" and
then "General Preferences".  Under the "Internet Prefs" tab, check the box
labeled "Use HTTP Proxy" and fill in the appropriate IP and port settings.  If
you have to enter a username and password to get Internet access, check the box
labeled "Use HTTP Proxy Authorization" and fill in your username and password.

If you are still having trouble getting through after that talk with your
network administrator and see if he/she can help you.

Point your web browser to the URL below for more information on Internet
settings in Stata.

	http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/web/proxy.html

Sincerely,

Kerry Kammire
--------------------------------------

Rodrigo Martell

 <http://www.frontier-economics.com>
Frontier Economics Pty. Ltd.
395 Collins Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Australia
www.frontier-economics.com
switch:
direct:
fax:
mobile:
email:

+61 (0)3 9620 4488
+61 (0)3 9613 1518
+61 (0)3 8614 2711
+61 (0)407 909 811
[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>

This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, disclosure or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorised to receive information for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message. Thank you.