Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: missing wstata.bin

From   John Taffe <>
Subject   st: missing wstata.bin
Date   Fri, 01 Sep 2006 12:07:40 +1000

After .update all and downloading the files from the Stata site I type

. update swap

and get:
1. Removing older backups

File C:\Program Files\Stata9\wstata.bin was not found, aborting swap.

wstata.bin is indeed not there, nor in any other path. Does this mean I need to reinstall Stata9, or is there another way of fixing this problem? (I couldn't find the answer in FAQ. Apologies if this has been recently answered - I have been away from statalist a long time.)

John Taffe
* For searches and help try: