st: adjusted risk ratio from (multinomial) logit regression

From   Jason Thompson <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: adjusted risk ratio from (multinomial) logit regression
Date   Thu, 24 Aug 2006 09:13:00 -0500

In the Statalist archives I found the following
inquiry from Ssu Weng on Sat, 4 Oct 2003 19:25:41 -0600.
Does anyone know the answer? There did not seem
to be any follow-up on the list. Also,
-findit relrisk- yields no matches. There are
other discussions that touch on the meaning of
-mlogit, rrr- but while illuminating regarding
terminology, none seem to provide a method for
outputting the adjusted risk ratio.

============
I'd like to estimate relative risks in addition to odds ratios.
Why do I get the same estimates from -or- option after -logit- as from -rrr-
after -mlogit-, but different estimates from -relrisk-?
When using -mlogit- or -svymlogit- and option -rrr-, are the estimates
actually odds ratios?  If so,
how can I get relative risks from multinomial regression?

In the output below, I'm just using a binary outcome variable as an example.
Actually, I want to use -svymlogit- for a 4-level outcome variable.

Thank you for your help.